Peach Banana Smoothie A simple blend of 2 very ripe 🍑peaches, 2🍌frozen bananas🍌with a splash of soy milk makes 1 1/2 glasses of a thick, creamy, sweet, filling smoothie.We picked over 100 peaches off our tree this fall…check out my FB page for a few more simple peach recipes, such as a peach apple spread, baked peach & cinnamon slices, & a roasted peach compote.
🍪Chocolate Chip Cookies🍪from The Vegan Corner…My ingredients used are soy or almond milk (+ 1/4 cup), brown sugar, crunchy almond butter (room temp), whole wheat flour, baking soda, & vegan chocolate chips (almost 1/2 cup).
Isa Does It beet burgers (best burgers to date)
- Size of 🍌 will depend on how much soy milk is used.
- Batter blended in a high-powered blender to come out nice & smoothe.
- Takes about 5-8 min on med heat for each side in a non-stick skillet w/ a little vegan butter.
- Top with blueberries & maple syrup:-) if desired
Quinoa Crust Pizza with Homemade Tomato Sauce, Chickpeas, Garlic & Spinach
This pizza crust is simply a blend of pre-soaked uncooked quinoa, water & salt…To make the crust: Soak 1 cup uncooked quinoa for 8 hours or overnight then drain and rinse well through a fine mesh strainer. When time to make the pizza: Preheat oven to 450F. Pour quinoa into a blender and blend with 1/4 cup water + 1/8 tsp salt + an optional 1/2-1 tsp baking powder (I omitted this) until it resembles a pancake batter.Spread batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (using olive oil on both parchment and pan to keep from sticking). Bake crust in the oven for 20 minutes.Next top crust with favorite toppings and bake 10 more minutes. Slice pizza then keep in the oven (with oven turned off) until ready to serve. Toppings: Homemade sugar-free tomato sauce: In a food processor or blender, combine 1 14-oz can no-salt diced tomatoes with 1 6-oz can tomato paste + a pinch of oregano, thyme and salt (makes 2 servings); chickpeas: Drain and rinse, then pat-dry a can of chickpeas adding desired amount to pizza (tip: roast beforehand by placing in oven while it is pre-heating); chopped spinach, sliced garlic cloves + optional freshly ground pepper.Another quinoa crust pizza I made topped with leftover tomato sauce, pre-baked tempeh cubes, garlic slices and chopped spinach. Spreading out batter is best. Retains some crunch on the outer edges but is mostly soft toward the inside. A very delicious pizza that my husband devoured.
More topping ideas: Shredded Daiya cheese, tomato slices, fresh basil, pre-baked tofu or tempeh cubes, olives, crushed pistachios, nutritional yeast flakes, caramelized onions, sliced bell peppers, mushrooms
Homemade Tomato Sauce #2: 1/2 can tomatoes + splash of olive oil + pinch of dried oregano & thyme + tomato paste + 2 roasted or sauteed garlic cloves processed in food processor with tomato slices, Daiya cheese & fresh basil for toppings
Quinoa Crust Links:
- 5 Ingredient Quinoa Pizza Crust from Oatmeal with a Fork blog
- Cooking Light recipe on YouTube (adds baking powder)
- Quinoa Pizza Crust with Butternut Squash, Chickpeas & Tahini Sauce on Dishing up the Dirt (food blogger & husband-wife owners of Tumbleweed Farm)
- One Green Planet’s blog recipe for a Quinoa Crust Pizza made with soaked quinoa, water, Italian herbs, nutritional yeast, garlic, coconut oil & salt.
Other gluten-free pizzas from around the web:
- Something Vegan’s YouTube recipe for pizza dough uses rice + oat flour, active dry yeast, water, & salt
- Dishing up the Dirt’s recipe for an almond flour pizza crust topped with tomatoes, and a cashew herb spread
- Anna Jones makes a vegetarian recipe for a cauliflower crust pizza on Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube. Ingredients used are almond flour, oat flour, cauliflower florets, egg (or 2 ground chia TBS + 6 TBS water to make it vegan), oregano, salt. Tip: Dry out the cauliflower florets by wrapping in a towel and squeezing out excess water before blending ingredients.