4 oz bar dark chocolate (72%) broken into chunks
2 TBS coconut oil
2-3 TBS coconut milk or water
Melt in a double broiler or a metal heat-safe mixing bowl over a pot of boiling water.
After it has just melted spread onto parchment and place in freezer to harden for 30 minutes.
Using wet hands, scoop out and roll into balls, choose your toppings. I used cacao powder, coconut flakes, and hemp seed.
More toppings include cacao nibs, dried raspberry/goji berries, almonds, shelled pistachios, pretzels, graham crackers– all finely crushed with a knife and spread out on a cutting board or plate. Roll the frozen truffle balls around in one of the mixtures or simply sprinkle on top.
Store in the fridge for 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
More truffles from around the web:
- Minimalist Baker’s 2-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Truffles or Easy Vegan Truffles
- Double Chocolate Truffles from Keepin’ It Kind
- Raw Chocolate Fudge Balls from Chocolate Covered Katie
- Raw Chocolate Truffle Energy Bites from Will Cook for Friends
- Chocolate Truffles video & recipe from The Happy Pear and here.
- Cashew Truffles from Will Frolic for Food.